Tuesday 3 July 2007

What is up with the weather?

Complaining about the weather at the moment is getting a bit boring but I can't help it. Are we ever going to see some summer?

My garden was totally waterlogged at the weekend and I couldn't get into the greenhouse because the path is flooded. Although I realise that this is nothing compared to the poor folk further south who have had whole allotments washed away.

I did manage to get to the garden centre though and buy some beautiful plants for the pots in the back garden. And I discovered a beautiful Autumn Bliss raspberry plant which is now sitting very happily at the back door.

In between the downpours I managed a bit of weeding and dug up a garlic plant (thanks for the advice soilman!) which is beautiful and now drying out. I'm going to leave the other 60 or so plants in the ground for a few weeks and see if they get any bigger. Family seemed very impressed and the smell is fantastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Glad you have found Autumn Bliss raspberry - it goes on fruiting for ages in the Autumn, & is a real treat!

TopVeg

Anonymous said...

Great news! I'm so glad your garlic has worked!