Wednesday 25 July 2007

From building site to beauty

Well, this is the idea anyway...

Now that the extension on the side of our house is getting underway and going up fast I am dreaming about how my building site of a front garden will look once I can get my muddy hands on it. I am too ashamed to even post a photo of how it looks now. All there is really is a tree in the middle which I think might be dying, the hedges round the edge and the path. Just now in the top left of the picture there are two trees which I am going to cut down and turn the stumps into a seat.

The soil is clay and heavier than my back garden where the veggies are so the beds in the middle will all be raised beds (I am going to have to fork out for some new top soil for these). It gets some sun in the late afternoon and evening.

Although I don't want the tree in the middle to pop its clogs as I love the pink blossom in spring, it might be a good thing. Maybe I could replace it with an apple or plum tree?...

No comments: