Sunday 8 July 2007

For some reason I'm not being allowed to give this post a title...

Hurray! Look what I found this morning! It seems like everyone else has been eating strawberries for weeks but up here things are slower and we have only had two or three a day. But with a bit of sunshine this weekend everything is speeding up.

My squashes are beautiful and I picked the first Costa Romanique courgette today. Its hard to get a sense of scale from this photo but please believe me that its huge!

I now have some teeny tiny baby cucumbers so this year am going to try removing all the male flowers and see if I can get some bigger fruits. And some of the wild raspberries near my house are turning ripe so it won't be long before the annual jam making and sweating over hot sugar begins again.

By the way - how long does garlic need to dry out? And how do you know when its done?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous strawberries! I'm totally impressed!
Garlic is generally dry enough to store (if kept in a dry, warm place) about three weeks after harvest.