Thursday 28 June 2007

I got a bit carried away...

I decided to go outside for a potter and chat with my plants last night but somehow a spade found its way into my hand and the urge to dig stuff overtook me.

And so Mr Butternut looked out the window last night to see another vegetable bed had been created in the middle of the little grass we had left. I got the desire to plant peas you see, and unable to think of any place to put them decided that some more grass had to go. Now.

And so I marked out the bed, lifted the turf, dug it up, dug in some compost, made a pea wig-wam type thing similar to my dads and got planting. I also put in some lettuce underneath hoping that it would help stop the weeds and give the ground in the middle something to do.

It will have to revert back to grass in the autumn to make way for our chickens - already provisionally named Mrs Cluckerson and Mrs Henry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve tagged you for the Seven Random (Gardening) Facts About Me, Meme. I really wanted to learn more about your interests in veg gardening. Visit http://topveg.com/2007/07/21/seven-random-garden-facts/ for the rules.