Wednesday 13 June 2007

Construction Work and a Murderous Deed

Well I'm now back in Scotland finally which is a great relief as I'm not used to non-Scottish climates! All my plants were doing well and I have some of the largest strawberries ever seen by man in my fruit bed. Mr Butternut wants to eat them now but we are just waiting for some sunny days to redden them up.

Now I'm up north staying with family and yesterday helped my dad weed his vegetable plot and we constructed a very impressive looking pea tee-pee type-thing and planted some more seeds. Photos will follow...

Another thing - is it wrong to feel evil glee at murdering slugs? When I was home at the weekend I nipped out to water the lettuces and found the most enormous slug I had ever seen - no joke, it must have been about 15cm long - drinking out of my beer trap. I thought, 'hey ho, you look like you're enjoying that, fancy a swim?' And so I nudged it in but it keep trying to climb out and I thought 'NO, I will not be beaten!' and so I held it under the beer for a couple of minutes with a look of evil satisfaction on my murderous face. And yet it wasn't enough so I reached for my scissors to cut its drunken body in half when it finally went off to the massive lettuce in the sky and I did a dance with delight.

Does this make me a terrible vegetarian?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicious brutality is the way forward with slugs. I murder them on sight with extreme prejudice. And I suffer not a moment's regret.
Go for it!