Sunday 24 June 2007

Growth and Plans

Well it has been a busy week though not for me in the garden unfortunately, the weather hasn't let me get out much. Things are growing nicely without me though and it looks like I will have blueberries this year - yum.

I've had a trip up north to my parents where me and my pa constructed a rather spectacular frame for his peas to climb up. Here is the Eighth Wonder Of The World:


I did get a bit of a fright when I went out one morning and all my brocolli and sprouts had completely wilted - a complete mystery as they weren't too dry or waterlogged and there were no beasties to be seen. I had a panic but the next day they had all totally righted themselves and are starting to form heads of broccoli.

The squashes are growing well too though I can't remember what type this is:

And then the plans...I have decided and persuaded Mr Butternut that it makes sense to dig up a lot more the back garden to create three raised beds. I want to put asparagus in one and then include the other two in the vegetable rotation but next year use one for salads and the other for strawberries. I am also planning things for the front garden which is such a mess that I am too ashamed to post a photo. We are having some building work done but once this is finished I'll be able to tidy it up and completely re-design it - very exciting!

No comments: