Friday 15 June 2007

Job Done

Lots of activity in the garden today so I am just doing a list to help with my memory...
  • Potted on the purple-sprouting broccoli and basil
  • Planted out the leeks (hannibal variety) and sowed another row
  • Planted three more rows of beetroot (detroit globe) and two rows of swedes
  • Planted out my butternut squash and jack o'lantern pumpkins
  • Planted out chamomile round the blueberry bush
  • Planted out a mystery squash near the strawberries
  • Weeded like a demon
  • Trying to get the lawnmower to work with no success
  • Tidied out the greenhouse again and chatted to my plants

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is the blueberry bush doing? We have not got one yet

TopVeg

Saz said...

The blueberry bush is doing well thanks, I will try and post some pictures tonight. This is its first year so it's not very big but there are definately some berries forming. I wasn't expecting this either because I heard that you need more than one so that they can fall in love and I don't have space for two.