Tuesday 21 August 2007

We got an egg!!!

I can't believe it - they say that normally you have to wait a few weeks for the chickens to settle in for them to lay, but Mr Butternut came home yesterday and found an egg!!

And then later on we were taking our seats in the main hall at the Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh for a festival show when I saw a friend sitting a few rows away. There was nothing to do but spread the good news with 'WE FOUND AN EGG!' Of course by the looks I got from the people nearby this may not be entirely normal behaviour but I was so excited I couldn't help it. Hopefully today there will be another one and I will take a photo of the haul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first egg that my hen Hatty laid was on new years day a in 2006 - a momentous occasion likes yours.
Sara from farmingfriends

Saz said...

I was so excited I almost cried - it is small but perfectly formed!