Wednesday 22 August 2007

Houdini


We were trying to do a nice thing. We were trying to offer Mrs Weasley (pictured above) a grape while CeCe was at the other end of the run and wouldn't be able to nick it off her. However she is much less tame than CeCe and got a bit freaked out, and decided to make an escape over my shoulder.

And being much less tame she was not happy at attempts to retreive her. After exploring the carrot and beetroot patch she jumped through the hedge into our neighbour's garden to show her defiance. We managed to get her back through eventually though she got stuck in the hedge which I had to gently cut away at to get her out. After this escapade I reached down and picked her up and we almost had a lovely moment where I thought she was quite enjoying the attention, she certainly didn't mind being stroked and didn't try to peck me at all.

She seems to have settled down fine now though I think she may be too stressed to lay. A great shame as I suspect she was the artist that produced our beautiful first egg on Monday.

Maybe a few more grapes and she will forget all about it?

No comments: