Monday 27 August 2007

Tidying


Well I have spent most of today pottering about doing bits and pieces, and quite a bit of weeding so everything is tidy before I go on holiday.

I finally managed to sort out the tiny plot at the side. I am going to give up trying to grow vegetables here as the soil isn't good enough. So I dug in as much compost as I could and planted some beautiful lavender and heathers. I have a yellow jasmine plant (I think) that will go in the middle and climb the wall when the one bean plant I have is finished(!)

Yesterday I dug up the last potatoes, composted and covered the ground the stop the weeds - this is where my winter brassicas will go when they're big enough.

And I did lots of weeding, planted some black radish, endive and more swedes and replaced the pea contruction with a much bigger one so they can grow as much as they like. I planted these really late but they are covered in flowers so hopefully I will get a few peas before the weather gets cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a busy time you've had. The border looks very neat and tidy. Your always welcome to come and weed in my garden!!
Sara from farmingfriends