Thursday 23 August 2007

Pottering

Seems odd to think about it on such a beautiful day but I have been wondering what to fill my ground with come the colder weather. Since my broccoli, sprouts and kale are doing so well I thought I'd try more brassicas so have gone for winter cabbage and an over-wintering cauliflower. Hopefully in a few weeks they can go into the old potato plot.

I've had a lovely time pottering in the garden today, just cutting the hedge and clearing up a bit; everything is looking very tidy. Apart from my right veg plot which is getting overcome with weeds. I have been using 'the ground's too wet' as an excuse not to tackle it but if Heather the Weather isn't telling lies looks like I will have to attack it this week.

And here is a picture of CeCe, looking very cheeky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always nice to see brassicas doing well, Saz!
If you're still thinking about which varieties to try, have a go at Walcheren Winter cauliflowers. They perform well for me.